And remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Slip of the mind.

I have no excuses for why I have not posted in a while. It is now a new year, and I can't even believe where all of the time went to! I guess, I can be happy that it was spent at my wonderful job or with my family and friends whom I completely adore! :)



Let's start with the here and the now. It is a new year. 2013 crept up on me faster than I thought it would! I knew it was coming up and yet, I wake up and it's December 31st and I have nothing to do to ring in the new year. :D But that happens, and it is OK.

That night was a wonderful night spent with my two, beautiful ladies at our apartment here in IG. 


 





I bought us a bottle of sparkling grape juice (and MAYBE a bottle of champagne for me.. ;)). A girl likes a little bubbly every so often, right?!?! And it WAS NYE. 

We rocked the night away with Dick Clark's Rockin' NYE 2013 with Ryan Seacrest and Jenny McCarthy (Not a huge fan of the latter, but what can I do?? They didn't ask me!) The girls enjoyed watching the BIEBS! And Taylor Swift. So, it was pretty awesome. We danced and sang. We played games and just had a wonderful time together as a family. We made our own crowns because I had left them at my parents' house and we also made our own noise makers *DUH!!!- need noisemakers to celebrate at midnight!* The girls were getting tired, and I was getting tired, too. So, we ended up celebrating New Year's Eve at midnight Eastern time rather than Central. But that was OK. 

*Do you guys stay up until midnight with the kiddos? Did you used to stay up until midnight when you were little? Tell me some of your past traditions or some that you've started!!*

I put them to bed and they were out within five minutes, it was wonderful. I proceeded to get onto Facebook and twitter and other random websites. I wrote my list of "Goals" for the new year (rather than resolutions.... I'd say they're more goals for me?).

Then, I texted a number of people to have a Happy New Year and I put in one of my favorite movies "Breakfast at Tiffany's". I was out not too much later. 


I'll update more about my New Year's GOALS later on tonight. And maybe I'll find enough time to update on some other things around my home, family, and school! 

I hope you all enjoyed your New Year's celebrations, your Holiday festivities, and your time spent with the ones closest to you.

:) X's and O's,
A.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”- Audrey Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment