And remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Valentine's In Our House!!!

We've hit the Valentine's madness here in our apartment. This crazy mama decided not to go with the "traditional" card and candy Valentine's this year. I'm wondering, right now, if I made the right decision!!!! JEEEEEPS!! This is time- CONSUMING. 

We are making Valentine's for all 3 of my classes at school that I teach, for Miss S's classroom, and we couldn't leave Miss I's daycare out of the picture!!!!! (that would be CRAZY talk)... We are talking..... approximately 75 Valentine's to get through.

*There's Miss S working in our big pile of VALENTINE'S*


So, here we are. Working LITTLE by LITTLE and making progress each hour that goes by. Also, my printer is out of black ink and I'm not sure if I have a place in town to buy the right ink, SO.... we're working with what we've got.

  • Ribbon.
  • Our little party supplies. (We got these from Target and Wal-Mart)
  • *I'll explain/you'll be able to see what we used for what*
  • *Bubbles, Magnifying glasses, Pencils, Stickers, Crazy Straws, Crayons*
  • Markers.
  • Crayons.
  • Colored pencils.
  • Colored Sharpee Markers.
  • Hole Punch.
  • Plain, white card stock (I thought I had colorful, fun card stock too!!!!! wrong).


Like I said, we are not finished. But here's what we've come up with SO FAR.




*sticker packs (a local "teacher" store), + home-made "Valentine, I'm "stuck" on you!" tags* - we just used double-sided tape to attach them on the back.

*Crazy straws + our little "Valentine, I'm 'crazy' about you!" tag*
These straws were found at Wal-Mart, I do believe.
cut slits in the top and bottom of tag to slip the straw through

*Mini Bubbles (Target) + round "Valentine, you BLOW me away..." tags.*
Attached to two bottles of bubbles with cute, Valentine's Day ribbon.

And, during this little fiasco so far this morning..... Miss I thought she'd go sit on my bed and play the iPad for a little. (A little squirt can only go for SO long, right?!)... and she ended up clonking it under her eye somehow. She was laying on her back holding the iPad above her head to use it.... So, I took this super cute picture of her while the band-aid she had asked for lasted. (Why is that, anyway, that they beg and beg and beg for a band-aid..... and it lasts no more than 30 seconds..??)



:)


That's all for NOW!!!!! More on our OTHER Valentine's LATER. :) Time to bake some Valentine's Day BROWNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--A

No comments:

Post a Comment