And remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Friday, November 2, 2012

My Blog Intro

I thought I would begin my blog with a little introduction of myself. I figure you might all want to know a little about my background. This would help in understanding where I come from, some of what my beliefs are, and an appreciation for what I am doing.

First off, my name is Ashley and I've grown up in the midwest. Most of my life has been in Iowa, but I have lived also in Minnesota, Missouri, and Nebraska. I have made many wonderful friends and memories that will be with me forever.
I have always had a deep desire for learning. I am always curious about why things are the way they are, and also have a curiosity for other people. 

I spent my first year of college at Northwest Missouri State University (GO BEARCATS!!) where I pursued my degree in Elementary Education. 

After my first month home, I found I was pregnant with my first child. I never expected in a million years it would happen to me. But it did, and with the help of my family and friends, and a huge jump into my faith, I began to see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

My daughter was born when I was only two months in to my twentieth year of life. She ( Miss S) changed it for the best, and she was truly a gift from God at a time when maybe I needed it.

I finished going to school to attain my degree (which was, in the end, a double major in Early Childhood Education and Elementary Education with endorsements in English and Social Studies!), only I moved home to do it. I got a job working full-time at a local daycare. I put in 40+ hours, had a full-time student schedule, lived by myself with my daughter, and even had to work a part-time job to make ends meet and make sure it was all possible.

Throughout the next few years, and a few bumps in the road, I was engaged, married, had another daughter (my second, beautiful, wonderful, lovely ..... Little Miss I), and also divorced.

Two years after my Little Miss I was born, and when my Miss S was only 5, I landed my first job opportunity. It was to teach preschool in a small school district in Iowa. I took it without hesitation. I moved an hour away from my family in order to conquer my dreams, and to start a life with my two daughters.

I love learning. I love challenges. I want to do so much in life, and yet I want to share it with others. I figured that blogging would be a great way for me to do just that.

Here I will share recipes I enjoy and do not enjoy. I will share activities I do in school and at home. I'll just give you a little insight on what is the life of Ashley. :) And please, feel free to comment and share with me your opinion.

Au Revoir,
Miss B

P.S. Feel more than welcome to follow me on Twitter (https://twitter.com/abeckerm) !  and/or on Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/abeckerm/)!

No comments:

Post a Comment