And remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Post

My Thanksgiving (A few days late)

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I will probably tell you that about almost every holiday, though. But I love holidays! I love reasons to be excited and with family and friends. Give me something special and I want it EXTRA special. :)

My girls and I begin our Thanksgiving with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. (OBVIOUSLY!!!) How is it complete without the floats, balloons, marching bands, etc. And Santa Claus at the end?? It's timeless.

(History Lesson: The Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade began in 1924. It consisted of floats, marching bands, and some animals from the Central Park Zoo.)


*I and S watching Santa on the t.v.*

*cousins table downstairs!*


*Another table for the kids. NOTE: The awesome activities set out for the kids to make. :)* Mom does such a great job with this! I love it.


*PIES!!! My Aunt does these. :) They are WONDERFUL!!!-- these are three of the MANY she made.*

MY Favorite is the pumpkin pie *Pictured BELOW*. What's your favorite pie?!??

Mmmmm... and these delicious French Pastries made by another aunt. :)


My Dad's family all came over for the Holiday (except my Grandpa who had to spend it in the hospital-- BUT DID GET OUT FINALLY!! :)) We had so much fun visiting and hanging out. It's so much fun.



I also love how people throughout the month of Thanksgiving would do the whole month of what they're Thankful for. 

When the girls and I would say our prayer every day before dinner, we did our own version of this. It makes me smile what they come up with sometimes. 

And since I didn't participate in it on Facebook, I'll share some of what I'm thankful for right now:

My family who has always been there for me, My parents who have always been super supportive of me, My sisters and brother who are always a joy to be around, My two beautiful daughters who mean the whole world to me and give me a reason to wake up in the morning and smile, My faith which continues to grow every single day, a job because even if it isn't the best-paying job, at least I can get the bills paid. I am also thankful for our two pet hermit crabs, they've entertained us while they've been with us. For living in Iowa, it's taught be to be grounded and enjoy the simple things in life. I am thankful for my education. (Both growing up and college- I'm glad I had a great education and a foundation for being a life-long learner. I am thankful for books because I love to read. For a comfy couch, it's great for snuggling and for sleeping on if I can't sleep in my bed. For my friends because they have always been there for me. I am thankful for the people I work with because it makes it enjoyable to go to work. For slippers on my feet because I love soft things on my feet when I'm moseying around my home. I'm thankful for my camera and my phone because I love to take pictures all the time and look back on our memories. I'm thankful for my positive attitude because it makes life easier and happier. For sunny days because it makes me happy. And cloudy days because it makes the sunny days even more enjoyable. I'm thankful for my Summers OFF because I love to spend time with my family and to do a LOT of amazing things. I'm thankful for malls because shopping is so much fun and because the girls and I love to go to them even if it's only window shopping. For Subway in Ida Grove because it helps me when I haven't made dinner yet. :) I'm thankful for a car that works, I don't know how I'd make it in a small town in central Iowa if I didn't have one. I'm thankful for the decorations on my wall that make it a fun place to come home to. For my two daughters when they are playing nicely because it's so fun to listen to them play house and school, etc. For them to be able to take dance lessons. They love it and I loves watching them. And for so many more things that aren't even crossing my  mind right now!!!! And this goes way past November. I think it's important to thank God for these things, even if they seem small at the time, because it is through him that it is all possible. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment